Friday, February 19, 2010

Elementary Reading Rubric

I believe that rubrics are also important tools that should be utilized in the classroom. It's very important for students to know what is expected of them, as it helps them be successful in their work. In the same way, it assists teachers in grading fairly by giving specific guidelines. Rubrics can be used on any assignment, but are particularly beneficial for projects, essays, and any other type of creative work. They can also be used for classification of citizenship or participation grades as well. They are extremely flexible. I will most likely use rubrics in all of those situations, even if they are just for my own benefit. The rubric I have composed is a rubric for silent reading time in class. It informs students of my expectations of them during the time so that they can work to fulfil the requirements. My rubric is posted below.



No comments:

Post a Comment