Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Learning Styles Reflection

Everyone learns best in a variety of ways. We all have different “intelligences.” I learn the best through Interpersonal, Logical, and Intrapersonal means. The more challenging areas of learning for me are Linguistic and Kinesthetic. I find these predictions to be to be quite accurate in my daily life. I think that in preferring certain areas over others, I am influenced to teach using the methods I relate best with. Since I understand the need for teaching for all the intelligences, however, I will strive to incorporate them all into my lesson plans and teaching because I don’t want to leave any student behind. Variety is very important to me in teaching. I have set a goal for myself to include all ten intelligences in every week of my lesson plans. Since I will be teaching all subjects in elementary school, this will be easier to interweave. My results for the intelligences test can be found at the right.


Individuals also have varying learning preferences. I have a moderate preference for reflexive and visual learning. I am fairly well balanced between sequential and global, and also between sensing and intuitive, though I lean slightly toward sensing. I believe that these results are also true in my daily life. I think that since I am fairly balanced in most areas, it will be beneficial to me as a teacher because I will be more open to the areas. Since there are two areas where I do have a preference, I will have to ensure that I balance them evenly in my teaching. I will most likely have another teacher proofread my lesson plans to ensure that my teaching is beneficial to those with every learning preference as well. These are my results for the learning preferences quiz:


No comments:

Post a Comment